Sonntag, 15. April 2012

Some projects for the SPARKS DT CALL

Hi everyone!

I was so excited to see the design team call for the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge blog!
And it was so much fun to look through all the fabulous inspiration photos again
and it was just too hard to decide which one I wanted to use…
I chose four of the past photos and of course the one which is for the current challenge.

This is the first inspiration photo of my choice:


I love the cheery rainbow color and of course the sentiment which make me so happy
when I look at it.

And this card is what I made:

As you can see I was totally inspired by the colors.
The hearts are colored in the rainbow colors and the sentiment is stamped in black and grey.
Actually I have no grey ink in my collection therefore I inked the stamp with black ink
and stamped it off once before stamping on the card stock.
To continue the line of the heartbeats I did some stitching.


As a finishing touch I added Diamond Stickles.

Supplies:
Card stock (light grey, white); Perfect coloring paper for markers
Stamps: Healthy Vibes (PS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic markers
Embroidery floss (grey)
Diamond Stickles


This is the second inspiration photo of my choice:


I love the soft color combination and the big flowers…

And here is my card:


I made some flowers using the hearts from two different stampsets.
The big hearts were all stamped and colored separately, the smaller one I stamped directly
into a flower shape. Then I added some buttons.
At first I just wanted to write the whole sentiment but then I decided to do some stitching
to add some interest to this corner, too.
You see I love stitching :)

Supplies:
Card stock (light grey, dark grey); Perfect coloring paper for markers
Stamps: Healthy Vibes, Falling for you (PS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic markers
Buttons: Rose Garden (Buttons Galore and More)
Embroidery floss (grey)
Gel liner: white (Uni-Ball Signo)

This is the next inspiration photo that caught my eye:


I love the whole arrangement of this room and the frames on the wall look soooo pretty.
And I love the pop of the color yellow :) so nice!

Here is the first card I made:


I turned the cup from the Healthy Vibes stampset into a vase for my flowers.
Before attaching the frame with the sentiment I wanted to have some decoration on the wall.
For this I used the air bubbles from the Surf and Turf set.

Supplies:
Card stock (light blue, white); Perfect coloring paper for markers
Stamps: Healthy Vibes, Surf and Turf (PS); What´s Cooking, 4 Flowers Cling Stamps (Hero Arts)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Broken China Distress Ink
Patterned paper: 6x6 Paper Pad Life of the Party (Basic Grey)
Copic markers
Gem stones

Now let´s take a look on the second card that I made:


Well this one is something totally different.
I liked the fact that the entry did not need to include a PS stamp.
I took advantage of this fact and used this sexy lady called Raychel :)
It was so much fun to color her!
And for the flowers I used pearl pen instead of gem stones.
(This particular pen dries clearly just leaving a hint of iridescent blue color therefore I added
some dark blue with a colored pencil before using the pearl pen. This step really helps
to intensify the color.)
The sentiment was stamped into a frame shape and the wall is decorated with dots.
As a finishing touch I added Glossy Accents on her lips and Diamond Stickles to her eyelids,
gloves and shoes.



Supplies:
Card stock (lilac, blue, dark blue); Perfect coloring paper for markers
Stamps: Alphadot (PS), Raychel (Kraftin´ Kimmie Stamps), 4 Flowers Cling Stamps (Hero Arts), Passion for Polka (Technique Tuesday)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versa Mark (Tsukineko)
Embossing powder: white (ZING! American Crafts)
Copic markers
Diamond Stickles, Glossy Accents
Colored pencil (blue)
Pearl Pen: magic transparent blue No. 606 (Viva Décor)


This is the last of the past inspiration photos of my choice:


And here is my first card:

You are sew artsy :)

I stitched the image and added a tag to it (like in the inspiration photo).
You see I really really like stitching elements on my projects :)

Supplies:
Card stock (light green, pink); Perfect coloring paper for markers
Stamps: Alphadot (PS), Sew Artsy (Hero Arts)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Copic markers
Embroidery floss (pink)
Gem stone

The second card I made:


It was really hard to take a good picture of this one…
Well I liked the idea of hanging something to somewhere and so I made two pinned
Post-it notes with message on them. I mainly used the color combination pink and green.


The edges of the notes are distressed and on the pins I used Glossy Accents
but it is hard to see on the pictures… I am so sad because in reality this card looks pretty nice…
This one isn´t photogenic at all :(

Supplies:
Card stock (pink, light green, brown, beige); Perfect coloring paper for markers
Stamps: Just My Type (Lawn Fawn), Woodgrain (Hero Arts)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versa Mark (Tsukineko)
Embossing powder: white (ZING! American Crafts)
Copic markers
Glossy Accents

And I want to add the inspiration photo of the current challenge, too:


I love the fun sentiment and the color combination!

And here is my card:


It´s fun o´ clock, let the good times roll~~~
I wanted to create a kind of party feeling and this is how it turned out :)
The smiling face is from the Healthy Vibes set.

Supplies:
Card stock (dark blue, white); Perfect coloring paper for markers
Stamps: Perpetual Bliss, Healthy Vibes (PS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Broken China Distress Ink
Copic markers
Diamond Stickles, Glossy Accents
Patterned paper: 6x6 Paper Pad Life of the Party (Basic Grey)
Gel liner (orange)
Wiggle eyes

I hope you enjoyed my cards :) and have a nice week!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Thank you for taking your time and leaving your comments. They are very much appreciated
and I hope that you will come back again soon! With love and hugs Bastelarena